My grandfather owned a fish store and so fish was often on the menu when we ate at Grandma’s. If she were cooking just for us kids she wouldn’t fuss too much, but who knew? We all loved this recipe and always cleaned our plates!
Low GI Recipe: Broiled Cod with Vinaigrette Topping My grandfather owned a fish store and so fish was often on the menu when we ate at Grandma’s. If she were cooking just for us kids she wouldn’t fuss too much, but who knew? We all loved this recipe and always cleaned our plates!
Created by: Johanna Burani – EatGoodCarbs.com Cuisine: Italian Recipe type: Non-vegetarian Entree Serves: 2 Ingredients
- 2 5-oz fresh cod filets
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- vegetable spray
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- freshly ground sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large sprigs flat parsley, finely chopped
- Rinse filets under cold water, pat dry. Set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a shallow baking dish with vegetable spray. Set aside.
- In two separate bowls place the egg substitute and the breadcrumbs.
- Dip filets into the egg substitute first and then the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat the filets entirely on both sides. Lay them flat in the baking dish, bottom side up. Set aside.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the next 5 ingredients (vinegar through black pepper). Set aside.
- Broil filets 6 inches from the broiling unit for approximately 2 ½ – 3 minutes. Carefully flip the filets over and broil for another 2 ½ minutes or until flaky and fully cooked. Remove baking dish from oven.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the top of the filets, drizzle the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information Serving size: 1 fillet Calories: 143 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: <1g Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Protein: 20g Cholesterol: 40mg